About Me

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

♫♪~listen~♫♪~♥

let go and let God

I felt God speaking to me today during the worship.
Many times, esp this week, work and stress took over my life. It's like there's never ending of assignments. I need to revise constantly to cope. And I was so angry because I couldn't do the Physics and Math questions. I was so determined to solve the question until I got frustrated in the end. I never thought of relying on God's power. I did asked for help. But still I wanted to do things on my own.
Then today it struck me. it's like God asking me, 'why are you being so doubtful over me, over my power?'
I realized, I had lost sight of God. My focus was on my studies and not Him. It didn't cross my mind that God had wanted so much to help me, to give me His rest.
If only I had asked and earnestly sought him, I didn't have to carry so much burden.
If only I had put Him first.
After all, my life is in His hands. Why should I worry so much?
Only after I completely trust and rest in Him, I felt much lighter.

'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'

Teach me Lord, to rest completely in you.