About Me

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

♫♪~listen~♫♪~♥

Pride

today's sermon is about 'Recovering after the Fall'. Pride makes a man fall. God hates pride. It's the mother of all sin. Pride is what causes Adam and Eve to sin, Angel Lucifer to fall and become Satan, etc etc. Pride is not just boasting, showing off, it's also self-importance, self-reliance, when you regard yourself more important than God, when you think you achieved success yourself.

God revealed to me the pride in me which i had not noticed. the times when i regard highly of myself, thus the feeling of superiority. the times when i chose to do things my own way. the times when i disregard people cuz i think they're not good in something. oh my. the list goes on. all these happen in the head, sometimes unconsciously that i don't even realize it. i need to learn how to be humble once again. If not, God can't work in me.

Truth is, everything i have originated from God himself. He gave me gifts, blessings, talents, wisdom. Without Him, I'm nothing. and if I'm not careful, I might fall into claiming glory for myself, means claiming that i achieved my own success. that is dangerous. i don't wanna do that. some of you may be wondering, but it's by my hard work that i achieved something in life, how is it that it's not my own success? well, it's difficult to explain but I'll try. it's by God's grace that I'm who I am now. even if I'm not a christian, let's say, it's also God who created me to have the qualities I have, even though they may not be adequate. by achieving success by my own hard work, let's say without God's help, the success may come from God, or by Satan. you see, some success are not real success. let's say you climb to the top of your career, but your family crumbles, that's not real success. that's fake success cuz Satan wants you to be so proud of yourself that you disregard everyone else, including God. that way, you'll never get to know God. oh I'm digressing here.

haha. such a serious topic. my cough is still there. damn. love spontaneity. hee. all the spontaneous things i did adds colour to my life. oh i said this because the other day Grace and I decided to watch movie when we were already at the mrt station waiting for train to go back home. we rushed to the cinema and watch a cute romance show. hee :) alright. that's all for now. byeeeee!